Paranormal Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building a strong paranormal community

HomeHome  Latest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
spirithelper
Investigation tips I_vote_lcapInvestigation tips I_voting_barInvestigation tips I_vote_rcap 
Stevenjoes
Investigation tips I_vote_lcapInvestigation tips I_voting_barInvestigation tips I_vote_rcap 
Paul
Clairey
Affiliates
free forum

Investigation tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paul
Admin
Paul

Investigation tips Empty
PostSubject: Investigation tips   Investigation tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Be Frugal.... You don't need to spend a lot of money on equipment and don't fall into the trap of thinking oh everyone else has got this so I must buy it too.. Your brain is the best investigative tool you have .. Use it ...

Use Common Sense both in and out the field .. Such as no trespassing on others peoples property , making certain an area is safe to walk in , eliminating possible noises from the people around you and just the environment , never run away or towards something in the dark because you can hurt yourself or someone else.. All Common sense things people seem to forget ...

Never get in a group where any equipment brought becomes group property ... The one instances wheres it OK to run away really really fast..

Learn how to use your equipment .. If its a digital camera practice with it in various conditions over and over until you know whats it capable of and can use it in a consistent manner .

Ifs a gadget to detect EMF practice running sweeps through out various areas so you don't look like an idiot during an investigation by standing near a power source and screaming OMG I think there's a ghost here

Please god if you are using an video camera don't aim at peoples faces when you hear something aim toward the noise ... Also practice holding it so you know which angle its aimed at... If you are moving then shots of the floor don't do you much good do they ..

Digital recorders When you start one say who's there with you a time and a location so its marked when you listen to the play back..

If you catch anything and want to enhance it using some program then either make a copy and mess with that or be well aware of what you are doing.

Personal Reason for wanting to do whatever you do .. Make sure you know why you are doing this ... It can have ramifications depending on what the other people you might hook up with are wanting to do ... Lots of groups break up over this ....

Be Safe and Be Smart ... Don't get made into a ghost by accident or someone else's deliberate design
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Investigation tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investigation tips   Investigation tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 pm

1. Assign teams of two or more people, no investigator may be alone during the time spent at the location.
On entering the location do an initial walk through, learn the lay of the location, field obstacles, ie stairs, etc.

3. Set up team equipment then personal equipment as per instructions of team leads or tech managers.

4. Do baseline readings of each room using emf meters etc.

5. Place equipment where optimal readings exist in baseline protocol.

6. Do not whisper during investigation, if you must speak talk in normal tone so that those gathering audio evidence do not mistake your whisper as potential evp's.

7. When using flash photography use the three picture rule, shoot three consecutive pictures, that way if you have something in the second that does not show in the other two, or if you have something moving in the first and it proceeds in the next and is gone in the third you have substantial evidence of comparison.

8. Respect the property and the client, all investigations are confidential unless released by your founder.

9. Do not tell others what you are feeling upon entering the establishment, the power of suggestion can taint an investigation. In accordance with this theory carry a small notebook and document the times and the occurrence as it happens and after file a report with your team lead to release to others to allow them to pay close attention to the evidence as the review it.

10. If you are on a team which allows you to report feelings, sightings etc., during the investigation, make sure you time stamp your audio to allow you to pay attention to the recordings during this time.

11. Reporting is a must to follow through with the evidence you have gathered. Make sure you submit your personal reports when they are due to allow your founders to meet with the clients in a timely manner with their reports.

12. The team equipment is everyone's responsibility, each of you should assist in set up and tear down before paying attention to your personal equipment.

13. Abusive, slanderous behavior toward another team member is unacceptable, if you have a problem with someone take it to your team lead or founder. One violation and you are out.

14. Your release of liability forms must be submitted before entering the location.

15. Each team member upon acceptance to the team must fill our a personal data sheet with emergency contact numbers and medications and health issues listed. This will be held by the founder and used only in the event of an emergency.

16. You may post comments to the evidence gathered, keeping in mind that no one person is an expert and that the responses are only those of suggestion and definitive opinions are not allowed, only suggestions as to possible theories.

17. If you are ill keep yourself at home, spreading your germs to the rest of us is not fair, and honestly, you should rest and be on your toes during an investigation, when wandering around in the dark it is unsafe as it is, add to that the fact that you are ill and you are setting us all up for some serious problems.

18. We understand that you are volunteering your time and efforts and appreciate that, but if you say you are going to be somewhere, unless there is an absolute emergency, please honor your commitment.

19. No DRINKING, SMOKING, or Drugs allowed to be used by any of our investigators during an investigation. IF you are caught in violation of this guideline you will be removed from the team.

20. If you are car-pooling to an investigation make sure you kick in for gas. This is a common courtesy to the person providing the transportation.

21. Watch your team members backs, if you see they may be in potential danger, warn them, remember they are not only watching for paranormal activity, they are also watching your backside.

22. Have fun.

There are about twenty more of these but my fingers are tired........
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Investigation tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investigation tips   Investigation tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:37 pm

Get permission before going onto private property or to be in a cemetery after hours.

Carry walkie talkies or mobile phones. You never know when you might need them.

Don't use drugs or alcohol before or during an investigation or hunt.

When trying to record evps never whisper. Talk in a normal voice. You won't scare the ghosts if you talk. And you don't want to mistake a human whisper for a spirit.

Have extra batteries and make sure all equipment is fully charged.

Wear clothing suited for the weather and always wear comfortable shoes.

Research the location. If you are going ghost hunting after dark, you should check it out during daylight hours. Make note of any dangers such as holes, broken glass, loose boards etc.

photo tips

Don't wear jackets with strings. The strings could get in the way when taking photos and be mistaken for something paranormal, especially if you are shooting downward.

Tie back long hair. When a piece of hair gets in front of the camera lens it will look like a vortex.

Remove camera straps or be aware where they are when taking a photo. Many times straps get in the picture and can be mistaken for a vortex, ecto, moving orb and ghosts.

Look for things in the way like spiderwebs, wire, ropes, tree limbs. They can appear on photos as something paranormal when they are in close range of the camera lens.

Always clean camera lenses. Lint, dust specks, smudges and fingerprints can look like ecto mist, orbs, and other ghostly anomalies.

Be aware of the temperature when photographing outdoors or in an unheated building. Hold your breath while taking a photo and for several seconds afterward. Remember, if you can see it so can the camera.

Always know where your fingers are when taking photos. A thumb or finger can appear to be a ghost when caught in front of the lens. It is a big let down to find out it's not paranormal after all.

Be objective of your findings. Rule out any natural causes that may have caused anomalies such as insects, lights in the distance, spider webs, reflections.

Reschedule your ghost hunt if it is going to snow, rain, or if it is foggy. Also check the pollen count. Moisture and pollen can cause anomalies in photos.

Don't smoke near where you will be investigating. Make a designated spot for smoking. You don't want to photograph smoke and think it is an ecto mist or spirit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Investigation tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investigation tips   Investigation tips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Investigation tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Paranormal Connections :: Twighlight Forum :: Investigating-
Jump to: